We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer (UX and UI) to work alongside our founding team.
As a senior product designer, you’ll work with our founders, engineers, doctors, customer service team and our users to create a healthcare experience that delights patients and doctors alike.
This role is an open-ended contract with the potential to go full-time.
Location: Auckland is preferable but not required. We excel at working remotely. If outside of New Zealand, we would look to hire within 3 hours +/- of New Zealand Standard Time.
This is an exciting time for a product designer to join the team at Well Revolution. Our current app was released during the first lockdown to help people when they couldn’t leave their homes. Now it’s time to double-down on the user experience and take a more design-led approach when building our products. We want our product to continually evolve with our users complex health needs so we are seen as their digital health care partner that can help with every step along the way.
We have built a number of features including the ability to consult with a doctor, get a prescription issued and delivered to your home and the ability to get a sick note issued without getting out of bed. We’re really just getting started and we want to make sure the experience delivered to our users is seamless.
You will have an almost blank canvas to make your mark here. We are looking to completely redesign the user interface of our applications across both our iOS and Android platforms.
We want to update the look and feel of our apps as well as all the interactions a user needs to go through to get the help and support they need from the practitioners they are connecting with on our platforms.
You’ll use your in-depth knowledge of the design process to simplify some really complex problems into elegant design solutions from wireframes to high fidelity designs for our engineers to build.
- Be our first product designer
- Help us define user flows for our iOS and Android apps
- Collaborate with everyone in the company (currently 8 of us) to understand user problems and business challenges
- Be our go-to expert in design best practices and design tools
- Take the lead in defining our design system and components
- Create elegant and intuitive user experience flows from wireframes to high fidelity designs.
- Be the voice of the users and a strong advocate of their experience while using our applications.
You’ll be an expert at finding simple and elegant solutions to complex problems and a proven track record at delivering in a small design team.
You will have:
- Experience working at early-stage startups.
- Experience as a solo designer or as part of a small design team.
- Experience designing mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Experience working with engineers throughout the design and build process.
- A strong understanding of UX and UI principles and best practices for both iOS and Android.
- You’re a creative problem solver at heart who looks for design efficiencies that balance engineering and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of the design.
- First-hand experience in interface and user experience design and projects you can show us.
- A passion for user-centred design and show genuine empathy for the end-users of our products.
- You are happy working independently, as well as collaborating with the team.
- You think about the user experience as a whole, in systems and flows, not isolated pages/features.
- You’re motivated by taking a long term, scalable approach – creating reusable elements, components and systems.
- Strong visual and written communication skills.
- You can give and take feedback constructively and enjoy open on honest discussions.
How to apply
Send us a link to your portfolio and Linkedin profile as well as a quick blurb as to why you would suit this role.
We're fighting the status quo!
But we cannot change things by fighting what exists. To really make a change, we’re building something new. Something new that makes the existing obsolete.
So we need people with the skill, experience and desire to do this.
If this is you, apply now.