Solving for healthcare is a massive challenge, both technically and humanly.
Luckily, great engineers love a great challenge!
So we pose this challenge to those great engineers.
This challenge represents the technical skills needed to succeed as a member of the Well Revolution engineering team.
It can be as simple or as complex as you’d like to make it.
Building a solution should take no more than 2-3 hours.
- The goal of this challenge is to create and package a browser-based “chat application” that is able to support multiple users.
- You may pick and choose any mixture of the tools/libraries listed below with the exception of those listed in the “MANDATORY” section.
- You can choose to spend as much time on this challenge as you feel is necessary to demonstrate the breadth of your skills or knowledge.
- A working chat application consisting of both client and server components.
- New users entering the chat room are announced to the current users in the room.
- New users entering the chat room will receive up to the most recent 20 messages.
- Users leaving the chat are announced to the remaining users in the room.
- The project should be packaged and distributable in the form of a “starter project” triggered by a Docker Compose yaml file such that running the compose file produces a running project without the need of a separate compile or package stages.
These must be included as part of your solution:
- Docker Compose
Available Tools / Libraries
Any or all of the following can be used in building your solution:
- WebSockets (native or socket.io)
- MQTT (Mosquitto)
- React / Preact / HTML5 + CSS
- Ionic 4/5
Submitting Your Solution
Projects can be submitted as a zip file or a link to a GitHub repository.
We're fighting the status quo!
But we cannot change things by fighting what exists. To really make a change, we’re building something new. Something new that makes the existing obsolete.
So we need people with the skill, experience and desire to do this.
If this is you, submit your solution.