To support GP practices in New Zealand, we are streamlining payments between patients and practices.
Automated bills and payments are now done directly in the app for doctors and patients.
GP practices have full flexibility and control with the ability to set their own service hours and fees. Payments are direct credited to the practice’s bank account.
This is an extremely challenging time for many GP practices and collecting payments is the most-requested feature from practices that we partner with. So we added payments to help remove one more worry that GP practices have. We are doing everything we can to support primary care and foster and maintain the doctor-patient relationship right now.
- Your patients add their payment card (credit or debit) to their account in the app.
- Your practice sets your service fees.
- When your patients start a consultation with you, they are shown your practice service hours and fees.
- When you complete a consultation with your patient, their payment card is automatically billed and payment is made.
- Each Monday, all payments are direct credited to your practice bank account and you receive a transaction report by email for the reconciliation of your accounts.
In this 90-second video, you will see what happens when:
- Patient finds and selects their practice and doctor.
- Patient adds their payment information.
- Doctor closes the consult.
- Payment is automatically made by the patient.
Payments are already enabled in the app. This happens automatically.
To ensure the right payments get to you, we need the following information.
Please email us with your practice’s:
1. Rates: Business-hours consultation fee, and after-hours fee (if applicable)
2. Bank info: Bank account name and bank account number
3. Accounts email: the email address where we will send statements and reports
4. Service Hours: we take your hours of service from Healthpoint. Please check that the hours you advertise on Healthpoint are up to date.
* Once we have received this information, we will add them to your account and let you know once this is done.
Who sets my practice fees?
Your practice does. Your practice is in total control of the fees charged to your patients.
What fees can I set?
At this early stage, fees are set for in-hours and after-hours only.
We are working on enabling other fee rates such as for under-14s and community-card holders.
Where are payments made to?
We direct-credit all payments made by your patients to your practice bank account each Monday for payments received between 6am on a Monday through to 5.59am the following Monday.
What does it cost?
In an effort to support New Zealand GPs during the Covid-19 crisis, Well Revolution is waiving all service charges aside from a low credit card transaction fee of 3% (to cover the costs of the fees charged by banks, Visa and Mastercard).
How payments work and for the billing rules we use, please see our Payments Policy >>
Have other questions?
Tap ‘Contact Us’ from the main menu in the app, or tap the blue message icon in the bottom-right of this page.